Place value in mathematics is the best way of describing the position or place of any kind of digit into a particular number. Every digit will have a place in the number and whenever the people will be representing the number in a generic form the position of the digit will always be expanded. The positions will start from the unit place or one can also call it the concept of one’s position. The order of the place value of digits of a particular number from right to left is known as units, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousand, hundred thousand and so on. It is very much vital for the kids to have a good command over the concept of place value chart as well so that they never get confused at any point in time and are very much capable of solving the questions.
In the world of mathematics, the place value chart will always allow people to make sure that every digit will be in the correct place and identification of the positional values will be undertaken very easily. This is the best possible way of giving a great boost to the accuracy element of the whole system and for this particular system people first of all need to write the digits in the place value chart and then write down the numbers into the usual format or the standard format. It is very much important for the people to be clear about both Indian as well as international systems in this particular area so that there is no issue and further being clear about the basic systems is very much important in the whole process. Some of the basic differences between both of them are explained as:
- In the Indian system, a six-digit Number will be known as 1 LAKH and in the international system, it will be known as a hundred THOUSAND.
- In the Indian system seven-digit numbers are known as 10 LAKHS and the international system it is known as 1MILLION
- In the Indian system, eight-digit numbers are known as 1 CRORE and in the international system it will be known as 10 MILLION
- In the Indian system, nine-digit numbers are known as 10 CRORES and in the international system it is known as hundred MILLION
It is very much advisable for the people to be clear about the entire process of place value for decimals as well so that there is no issue because following our basic points highlighting its importance:
- Place value will always tell the people about how much each digit will be standing for
- People also need to use the hyphen in the whole process of dealing with the numbers into the place value so that people can deal with things very easily.
- The place value chart will always help in telling about how many hundreds, tens and ones have to be used in the whole process and this particular manner people will be able to deal with things very easily.
The face value of the digit is the value of the digit itself into a particular number and whenever the number will be single-digit, double-digit or triple-digit every digit in the number will be having a face value and for this purpose, people need to be clear about the entire process very easily and efficiently. It is also very much vital for people to have a good command over the difference between place value and face value so that there is no issue. Depending upon platforms like Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that everybody will be crystal clear about number system and will be able to fulfil their overall purposes very efficiently so that there is no query in the minds of concerned people at any point time in the whole process.