We all see the dream when we sleep. Some of us are day-dreamers, while others believe that dreams won’t let you sleep properly. If we talk about normal dreams that we saw while asleep, then there are many associated facts about dreams. They are many people who claim that some of their dreams become a reality in the real world.
Some people claim that they meet with those people who they first saw in dreams. There are many mysterious things related to our dreams. People who have faith in supernatural powers think that their dreams are powerful ways to connect to other worlds. No matter what your beliefs are. What you think and what you don’t like to think. There are many amazing facts about dreams which you surely like to know. Let’s find out what these are.
Table of Contents
Why Frequent Nightmares?
No doubt, Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the best horror movies. But when it comes to real life, we all see a nightmare. Why we have nightmares? If you are getting them frequently, then don’t worry. A lot more people face the same thing. We often feel negative emotions and anxiety in dreams, and it is a common thing.
Deep Emotion and Secret Play Good Roles
If you see that you are flying or falling in your dream, you might be looking for its meanings. Such dreams are also very common, and the major cause of them are some feelings, emotions, and secrets we have buried deep down inside us.
Men Vs. Women Dream
The dreams of men are quite aggressive in nature. More than 70 percent of their dreams are about other men. As far as women’s dreams are concerned, they dream about both men and women.
Everyone has Dreamy World
If you think that only humans can dream, then you might be wrong. Animals also see dreams. It is interesting to know that Leopard enters into dreams after enjoying lunch. You often observe that dog twitch his paws like he is running. It is the time when he is dreaming.
You Dream of Familiar People
You often see a person in your dream, but you cannot do this later when you try to recognize him. But one of the best facts about dreams is that you can dream of those people who you see in your life. As you meet with many people and encounter many around you, it is simply impossible to keep all faces in your memory.
The dream is just like a game that depends on your activities and thoughts. You are often able to get complete control of your dreams. You can add any twist to it if you want to. It is a world where you are the master. Most of the time, you have this kind of dream that is also known as Lucid dreaming. You are in a phase where you have a complete idea that you are dreaming.
What are a Blind’s Dreams?
People who are blind by birth also have clear dreams, but they don’t see images; instead, their dreams are based on their senses like smell, touch, etc. Some people who lost their eyes after birth can see images.
The dream has Memory Limit
On average, people forget everything about their dreams, or they remember a few things. The reason is that dreams have a short memory limit. You can remember all about your dreams in 5 to 10 minutes when you wake up. But again, many people remember every single thing about their dreams, and they are awakened at the REM stage.
Many people snore while they sleep. It is believed that people are not dreaming when they are snoring. However, there is no scientific evidence that can support this fact about the dream. However, it is one of the interesting facts about dreams.
Dream and Invention
You might be surprised to know that sometimes you invent something because you get its idea in the dream. Many great examples prove this fact. Many inventors launched great inventions just because of their dreamy ideas. Some examples are Periodic table from Dmitri Mendeleyev, Alternating Current Generator from Nikola Tesla, Sewing machine from Elias Howe, Google from Larry Page, etc.
Here are some other facts about dreaming that everyone should know.
- During REM sleep, your body becomes paralyzed to make sure you don’t act out your dreams.
- Whenever you sense flying in a dream, it can symbolize personal power, joy, and freedom.
- Overall, everyone spends an average of six years dreaming.
- The reason you wake up after dying in a dream is that your brain doesn’t know what happens after death.
- An average person has about four dreams per night, which adds up to 1460 dreams per year.
- Moreover, pregnant women remember dreams more than other normal populations. It is largely due to the extreme hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- To dream that you have a crush on somebody is a literal and real reflection of your attraction and fascination for that person.
- Those people who stay up late at night are more likely to have nightmares
- Children who are less than three years do not dream about themselves.
- The average dreams last between 10 and 15 minutes.
- We hear a sound from reality while sleeping and incorporate it into our dreams.
- If you dream about strangers, they may be actual people you have met and seen in real life.
- Running away in a dream can symbolize fear, dislike, escape, etc.