Testing a website’s compatibility with many browsers is now standard practice. With growing recognition of the importance of cross-browser testing, the next challenge is how best to meet it. Numerous SaaS software testing systems provide test environments to check your site or app in various browser/OS/device combinations.
Table of Contents
The Importance of a Separate Tool for Cross-Browser Testing
The most time-consuming and labor-intensive of all non-functional tests is cross-browser testing. In light of this, developing a specialized system is the best option.
You may test compatibility on a large scale with the help of a browser testing tool, and you won’t need to set up any infrastructure. It helps find and fix issues with your site or app on different platforms and browsers.
Code-less scripting is supported by cross-browser testing tools, making this procedure simpler for non-developers. The ability to write scripts in English is one such advantage; it can speed up the process of creating browser-agnostic tests and eliminate the need to learn about and account for the subtle differences in web driver implementation across the most prevalent browsers.
Inevitably, speed of execution becomes an issue when testing locally hosted apps on a cloud-based platform using several browsers. A large company’s sophisticated test scenario will take hours; this is a problem for all widely used cloud-based testing environments.
Effective Management and Scalability
If you run a successful online enterprise, it’s essential to test how your website or app will look on actual devices before releasing it to the public or making any significant updates. A cross-browser testing tool allows you to preview and test your website in its final form on the identical conditions you will face once it goes live. Further, you can expand to meet demand and scale to service a larger audience. In addition, you can take advantage of a versatile framework that can control extensive automated cross-browser testing with these instruments.
The Best Online Cross-Browser Testing Tools
Testsigma is an open-source and code-free testing framework for software engineers and quality assurance professionals.
Testing in many browsers at once is now possible with Testsigma. Most online test suites don’t function well when using the most popular browsers and plugins. Here, you can test your web apps across various browsers.
Testsigma has a comprehensive, adaptable, and hierarchical dashboard. It sets up your build data so many devices can operate in parallel; this cuts down construction time from days to minutes and provides fast feedback on compatibility test results. These browser tests are automated and provide detailed step-by-step debugging instructions, listing the specific issues on each device and browser version.
HeadSpin allows consumers to conduct cross-browser tests remotely, in the cloud, on tens of thousands of actual devices. Users can check their website or mobile app’s responsiveness and test performance essentials like load testing in real scenarios for conclusive results.
- Ensure perfect accuracy by testing on thousands of actual devices. 2. Safely expand your remote automatic cross-browser testing using a scalable distributed infrastructure.
- With HeadSpin, developers can easily monitor data with little interference from radio frequency (RF) noise thanks to their specialized USB hub and RF-compliant hardware.
- It integrates with Jenkins, Microsoft Azure, Github, CircleCI, Puppeteer, Jira, Katalon, Junit, Calabash, and more.
- Allows you to use Chrome without a monitor or mouse
- You can connect to real, SIM-enabled devices like iPad, iPhones, and Samsung Galaxy.
- It imposes no worries in terms of upkeep, speeds up development by a factor of ten, automated Selenium tests, and more.
Perfecto is your solution if you value efficient workflows, insightful reporting, and robust automation frameworks. Perfecto revolutionizes cross-browser testing with its extensive library of plugins and connectors. Its results are equivalent to those of a human tester, making the final product more satisfying and helpful in fixing software. You can use any new or old browser and get instantaneous responses. If your testing setup lacks acceptable browser/device combinations, consider switching to Perfecto.
Perfecto is an option to consider if:
- If you’re looking to ensure your software works on iOS and Android. 2. Improved Selenium automation testing is a goal for the team. 3. Parallel testing with continuous analysis is required.
- If you want a scalable testing framework to make sure your websites work. LambdaTest
At last, a program that can outperform your machine’s native processing capabilities. LambdaTest is a cloud-based software testing platform that boasts rapid execution times, online browser testing, native app testing, and a visual regression cloud.
With LambdaTest, you can accelerate the entire testing cycle, allowing you to redirect your attention from the mundane tasks of software development to the more creative aspects of the process. This page features live, interactive, cross-browser testing. More than 3,000 iOS and Android devices support web browsing of locally stored and publicly hosted content. They function on native browser implementations for mobile and desktop devices.
You should download this app if:
- You have to create and debug tests across several browsers and only those browsers.
- You need to run browser and Selenium grid tests on your web app. 3. Need a reliable Cloud service, preferably with a graphical user interface and a simulator for debugging.
- You require large-scale test automation without extensive programming. 5. To ensure that your app works properly across all platforms, you can utilize one of more than three thousand real mobile devices and browsers.
In conclusion, cross-browser testing is a crucial part of the development process for ensuring your website or web app displays correctly in each major browser. There are a lot of cross-browser testing tools out there, but the alternatives covered in this blog post offer a wide range of possibilities for varied budgets and requirements. In 2023, these cross-browser testing tools will have advanced to the point where they provide optimal methods for guaranteeing browser compatibility.