Lashes are the most essential makeup item on your face. This is because they add volume and length to your lashes, which makes you look more awake, more youthful and feel better about yourself. A lot of people think that false lashes or lash extensions are the only way to get a full lash look, but this isn’t true! There are so many different ways you can achieve a full lash look without any false lashes or lash extensions at all!
In this article, we will tell you some of our favourite easy tricks for achieving a beautiful full-lash effect with just mascara alone. So let’s dive in!
- Combine two different types of mascara for extra volume: You can also play around with combining two different types of mascara, such as applying one coat of lengthening formula first, then another coat of volumizing formula on top. This will give your lashes even more volume!
If you want to ensure that all day long, through humidity, sweat or water that your full lash look stays intact, then we recommend going for a waterproof version rather than regular formulas because they won’t smudge at all after drying once. You can also play around with combining two different types of mascara, such as applying one coat of lengthening formula first, then another coat of volumizing formula on top. This will give your lashes even more volume! You can also try applying eyelash extensions at home to save your time.
- Use a lash primer to give the appearance of fuller lashes: Before applying mascara, apply a lash primer on the base of your upper lashes first. This will help hold more product onto your lashes and also give them an extra boost of volume! Plus, lash primers usually contain a little bit of wax and pigment, which helps to hold your lashes in place all day long. Additionally, lash primers also help lengthen your lashes too.
- Apply two coats for maximum results: You can achieve a fuller look by simply applying two different types or two coats from one single formula. So try using a volumizing formula first, then going over with another coat from a lengthening formula after that if you want to ensure everything stays put all day long with humidity, sweat or water without any smudging! Besides, applying two different mascaras also prevents you from overusing one formula, which can lead to clumps and spider lashes!
- Apply a waterproof formula if possible: If you want to ensure that all day long throughout humidity, sweat or water that your full lash look stays intact, then we recommend going for a waterproof version rather than regular formulas because they won’t smudge at all after drying once applied.
- Just use an eyelash curler: You can also achieve a full lash look by using only mascara and your favourite eyelash curler, which you will need to curl lashes beforehand before applying any formula for added volume! Mascara alone is enough to make eyes pop with natural-looking lashes, but if you want something more without having false or strip lashes, then this method is perfect because it doesn’t require the hassle of glueing things onto your face all day long through humidity or sweat whatsoever either.
- Wait for the mascara to dry before touching or blinking your eyes: The only thing you need to remember when using mascara alone is that it may smudge if your eyes are very watery, so make sure to wait for the formula to dry before blinking or touching them in any way. Besides, this trick leaves your lashes looking more natural, and it’s a great way to prevent smudges from ruining the rest of your makeup!
- Blow-dry your mascara after applying it with a lash wand: A lot of people think they have dried their mascara when they actually haven’t! If possible, use a fan while blowing at your eyes to ensure all wetness has been ejected from the formula before moving forward with any other steps. This trick is perfect if you’re looking for some extra oomph in terms of curl retention too!
- Add a few drops of serum into the formula: you can use castor oil, olive oil or any other type of lash growth serum. This tricky little hack will make your lashes appear fuller and thicker in no time! Besides, it will help your lashes grow faster, which is always a plus! It will also help you prevent your lashes from breaking and falling out.
- Be mindful about the brush that’s used: do not use a thickening mascara, as this will result in spidery-looking eyelashes. Also, be careful with using any type of lash primer or serum before applying the formula since they tend to make the overall look very unnatural! They are great products if you want really dramatic results, but for an everyday full lash effect, it is best to avoid them altogether.
- Lengthen and separate with a lash comb: this one is our favourite because it leaves us looking like we have false lashes on without having to wear them at all. How? Just by adding mascara onto both ends of the tips after separating each individual eyelash strand with an old clean toothbrush! We love how this method separates all strands while still giving volume to every single lash that goes through its way between the bristles. It’s truly magical what some simple black liquid can do!
- Lengthen and curl your lashes: before applying any mascara, make sure you first curl them. How? You can either use a lash curler, of course, but if this is too much for you to handle, try using the end of an empty spoolie brush instead! All we do is take it between two fingers (one at each side) and place it against our closed eyelid, then give it a gentle squeeze while moving up towards the tips. It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy, as they say!
- Curl after coating with mascara: once again, this thought might seem counterproductive because why would anyone want to add more weight onto their lashes, right? But actually, no matter how heavy-duty your mascara is, there isn’t going to be enough product on your lashes to pull them down. So, what will happen is that you’ll get this gorgeous curl without the fear of any droopy eyelashes afterwards!
- Tight line with liner: some people like tight-lining (where you put a pencil or gel liner underneath the top lash line), some don’t, but let us tell you one thing; it’s not for everyone and if can actually take away from your look rather than add to it especially if done incorrectly. If, however, after curling all those beautiful lashes, you want even more volume, then go ahead and tight-line!
By following these simple tricks, you’ll get a full lash look in no time at all