Most adults have had at least one consumer loan in their lives. This could be for anything including a home, car, vacation, or wedding. Some people have even had more than one.
Consumer loans are easy to get, especially if you have a good credit score. You can find your credit score by getting a free credit report from any of the three largest credit bureaus. You can find these bureaus by doing a search online – just put in “free credit report” in your favorite browser.
If your credit score is lower, it is still possible to get an advance. There are lenders that specialize in bad credit loans. You could also do a payday advance if your credit is really that bad.
There are many places where you can find the perfect lender for you. You could try .forbrukslån.no/lån-lav-rente/ and they will have some ideas for you. They have been providing help for borrowers for many years.
This article will tell you a little more about consumer loans and what you can use them for. It will help you to answer questions that you might have about them. You can also get more information by doing a little research on your own.
Table of Contents
Unexpected Uses for Consumer Loans
1. Plastic Surgery – Most surgeries to enhance your looks and your body are not covered by your medical insurance unless it is deemed medically necessary. They are usually more expensive than what a typical credit card can pay for. A consumer loan would be a great option for you to use.
You could get an estimate for what the plastic surgery would cost and then apply for that amount. If you have good credit history, you should be able to get the money without too much issue. You should have the money within a couple of days.
2. Keep Your Pets Healthy – If your pet has a medical emergency, you could take out a loan to take care of them: https://www.pawlicy.com/blog/veterinary-financing/. Your pet is important to your family, most even consider them a part of the family. You want to make sure that they are taken care of.
You could also borrow the money to put aside for routine veterinary care. You could have a special account just for your pets. This way, you know that they will always be taken care of.
3. Remodel Your Home – You might have some minor remodeling work that needs to be done around your home. You could get an advance to pay for that remodeling and get it all done at once. You wouldn’t need to have your home in complete disarray for too long if you took out an advance.
Remodeling your home is also an investment that you could make. In the long run, it will help you to get more money for your home if you choose to sell. It can also make the value of your home go up.
4. Finance Legal Fees – If you are seeking a divorce, it can be quite expensive. You could get a loan to pay for your legal fees. This would be one burden off your mind.
If you pay the loan on time each month, you could also begin to build your credit back up. Divorces usually affect your credit report because of all the fees that you need to pay. Getting a loan will help you deal with this.
5. Flip a House – The housing market is improving and there are many people who want homes that have been flipped. That means that there needs to be more flippers doing this. You can become a flipper by getting a consumer loan that can fund the home that needs remodeling.
There are now loans available that are called fix-and-flip loans. If you can show a successful history of renovating homes, you could be eligible for one of these loans. They are not that difficult to be approved for if you have been successful in the past.
6. Underwrite Your Adoption – Estimates show that the average cost to adopt a child is around $36,000. Most people don’t have that amount to cover the adoption. Although it is not a great idea to get a loan to fund an adoption, many people feel that this is the only way.
You could get a personal loan and keep the money put away for lawyer’s fees, remodeling your home, or travel funds. This way, you will be ready for all the fees that will come up in your life. You can have the addition you’ve been waiting for.
7. Establish an Emergency Fund – If you are worried about having money when an emergency occurs, you could get an advance so that you could put money in your savings account just in case something comes up. A personal advance would be best for this, but there are also other options for you. You just need to explore to see what you can find.
You could get a home equity loan if you own your own home. You could also get a home equity line of credit, or HELOC. One other option would be a personal line of credit, or PLOC.
8. Medical Bills – Medical emergencies happen all the time. Even after your medical insurance has paid their share, there is a large fee that is left over. You can do a personal advance that will help you to pay the bills in full so that you won’t have those calls come in every day.
If you have good credit, you can even get as much as $100,000 to pay off your bills. If you have more than that, you could ask for more money. People with good credit will probably be able to get the money that they need.
9. Take a Trip – There are trips that you might want to take while you are still young, and your children are old enough to enjoy them. If you haven’t saved up the money to do this, you could always take out a consumer loan that will pay for it for you. You will have monthly payments after the trip, but the happiness that you received will more than make up for it.
Depending on the amount of money that you borrow, the monthly payments shouldn’t be that expensive. You do need to make sure that you will have the means to make those payments, or you will have issues later. You don’t want to hurt your credit report because you failed to make the payments.
10. Mitigate a Natural Disaster – If you have had a natural disaster such as a tornado or hurricane and your home has been damaged, you could rely on a consumer loan to help you to get back into your home. There are even low interest loans that you can apply for just for this type of incident. You can check government websites such as FEMA, or Federal Emergency Management Agency.
These government agencies are there to help people for just these issues. The money is available to you so you should take advantage of it. You will be happier and back in your home in no time if you do.
There are many reasons that you might want to take out a consumer loan. There are some of the typical things such as vacations or home remodeling. There are also other less typical things such as adoption or plastic surgery.
Whatever the case for your consumer advance, you should look carefully at the option that you have for them. There are loans that are especially for home remodeling, homes, or vehicles. Use those loans for the items that you want.
Remember with any loan that you get, you must pay them back eventually. You will want to make sure that you can afford to make the payments on it. You don’t want to negatively affect your credit history.